Sorry for the pure click-bait title, but I didn’t know what else to call this trove of helpful information that was shared with me by an Australia-based online education firm about email etiquette.
Their piece, titled Email Etiquette: Improve your business writing & communication skills, is chock-full of great email stats and, more importantly, terrific and easy to understand Dos and Don’ts like:
- DON’T leave the subject line blank – this shows laziness and lack of respect for the recipient.
- DO say what you need to say immediately. (With respect to Subject Lines.)
- DON’T clutter your emails.
- DO take advantage of white space to make it easier to read.
- DON’T assume the recipient knows who you are – include an email signature with your contact details, website and other information.
- DO ask the recipient to perform a specific action… (This firm is – as we are – big on including great calls-to-action in your emails)
To see the rest of their Dos and Don’ts (and interesting email stats), I highly recommend you visit their Email Etiquette page.
(In the interest of full disclosure, we received NO COMPENSATION whatsoever for this endorsement. To review our policies for endorsements, please visit our FTC Disclosures page.)